The Justice Arts Coalition (JAC) is seeking remote Interns to assist in all areas of online communications, including website maintenance and development, email, and social media, as well as in organizing, advertising, and facilitating events.
This is an unpaid internship requiring a commitment of approximately 20 hours/week and a relatively flexible schedule to accommodate evening meetings. We are looking for someone to start at the beginning of January, 2021 and commit through June.
The ideal candidate will have a deep commitment to JAC’s mission, vision, and values, and should be organized, with strong attention to detail, possess excellent computer skills (including competency using WordPress and all social media platforms) and be able to work independently and complete projects quickly without sacrificing quality and accuracy.
Responsibilities will be adapted to fit interns’ interests and skills and may include:
- Maintaining and updating the Justice Arts Coalition website
- Maintaining and beautifying our online galleries
- Messaging via the JAC social media accounts, email account, and website
- Responding to email inquiries that come through the website
- Responding to letters from artists in prison to provide them with information about JAC
- Developing monthly e-newsletters and blog posts
- Assisting with fundraising campaigns
- Helping to facilitate JAC’s pARTner project
- Planning, promoting, and hosting online workshops and events
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected group. Individuals who have been directly impacted by the criminal justice system are encouraged to apply.
If interested, please send your resume, a cover letter clearly describing your skills as they relate to the duties listed above and the reasons for your interest in this position, and two professional or academic references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Share your passion and skills with JAC! We have a number of ways for you to get involved with and support our work. Please fill out our volunteer interest survey and we will respond promptly to let you know what opportunities we have for you.