The Justice Arts Coalition (JAC), currently in its start-up phase of development, is seeking an Intern for the fall semester (2020) to assist in all areas of online communications, including website maintenance and development, email, and social media, as well as in organizing, advertising, and facilitating local events.
This is an unpaid internship requiring a commitment of 20 hours/week. All responsibilities will be fulfilled remotely and will require the use of a personal computer with internet access.
The ideal candidate will have a deep commitment to JAC’s mission, vision, and values, and should be organized, with strong attention to detail, possess excellent computer skills (including competency using WordPress) and be able to work independently and complete projects quickly without sacrificing quality and accuracy.
Responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining and updating the Justice Arts Coalition website
- Maintaining and beautifying our online galleries, which feature work by system-impacted artists
- Messaging via the JAC social media accounts, email account, and website
- Responding to email inquiries that come through the website
- Responding to letters from artists in prison to provide them with information about JAC
- Assisting in organizing, promoting, and facilitating local events such as exhibitions and convenings
- Developing and distributing monthly e-newsletters
- Assisting with fundraising campaigns
- Helping to facilitate JAC’s pARTner project
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or gender identity. Individuals whose lives have been directly impacted by the criminal legal system are encouraged to apply.
If interested, please send your resume/CV, cover letter, and two professional or academic references to email@example.com.
Application deadline: July 31, 2020
Share your passion and skills with JAC! We have a number of ways for you to get involved with and support our work. Please fill out our volunteer interest survey and we will respond promptly to let you know what opportunities we have for you.