The Justice Arts Coalition (JAC) unites teaching artists, arts advocates, currently and formerly incarcerated artists, and allies, harnessing the transformative power of the arts to reimagine justice.
We believe Black lives matter. We believe that racism and white supremacy must be dismantled and rooted out, and that we must build a new and better world. We believe in the power of art and creation to help us imagine that world, and the power of community and solidarity to help get us there.
Most importantly, we commit to acting upon these values in everything we do.
Please explore this site to:
- learn more about the Coalition
- follow regular blog posts
- browse the galleries of artwork
- check out our upcoming events, as well as events and opportunities across the US
- find art programs across the US, and
- search resources for books, articles, films, and other publications
- connect with artists in prison through the pARTner project
- contact us with media inquiries, for assistance planning and promoting events related to JAC’s work, if you’re seeking support for incarcerated artists, or simply for more information about what we do
- Show your support for our work! Become a sustaining member or make a one-time donation here.
This organization is supported in part by the Maryland State Arts Council (msac.org)