Please search the various resources on this site to learn more about work happening at the intersection of the arts and justice. Resources include:
- a national directory of arts programs in carceral spaces
- anthologies of writing and art by people in prison
- news articles
- autobiographies and memoirs by people who are or have been in prison, prison staff, and practitioners
- fiction by currently and formerly incarcerated writers
- films, documentaries, and short videos
- topics in arts in prison
- horticulture in prisons
- music in prisons
- poetry by people in prison, formerly incarcerated writers, and others
- practitioner handbooks
- perspectives from arts practitioners
- prison history and reform
- Information on purchasing and selling art
- radio programs
- research and evaluation of arts programs serving people in prison
- theater and drama in prisons
- spirituality in prisons, including yoga and meditation
- visual art made by people in prison, formerly incarcerated artists, and others
The resources included on this site do not reflect the total number of resources available, as the list is continuously developing. Furthermore, the list does not reflect international resources.
If there is a resource or a category of resources you would like to add or amend, or an international resource you are looking to find, please contact us.
In addition, click here for a list of publications accepting submissions from incarcerated people.
Donate now so we can continue to gather and share these resources.