JAC Development Intern
The Justice Arts Coalition (JAC) is seeking a remote Intern to assist in all areas of fundraising and development, including researching grant opportunities, database maintenance, writing copy for proposals, assisting with donor correspondence, and other projects.
The ideal candidate will have a deep commitment to JAC’s mission, vision, and values, and should be organized, with excellent writing skills, strong attention to detail, possess computer skills (including competency using Microsoft Word, Excel, Google Drive, Zoom, and social media platforms) and be able to work independently and complete projects quickly without sacrificing quality and accuracy.
Responsibilities will include:
- Attend Fundraising committee meetings and record minutes.
- Write copy for letters to donors and potential funders.
- Update grants database and files in Google Drive.
- Conduct online research and prepare reports for internal use.
- Assist with social media and promotion related to fundraising.
- Help draft funding proposals.
- Support JAC leadership and Fundraising committee with special projects as needed.
This is an unpaid internship requiring a commitment of 15-20 hours/week and a relatively flexible schedule to accommodate evening meetings. We are looking for someone to start at the beginning of January, 2021 and commit through June.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected group. Individuals who have been directly impacted by the carceral system are encouraged to apply.
If interested, please send your resume, a cover letter clearly describing your skills as they relate to the duties listed above and the reasons for your interest in this position, and two professional or academic references to email@example.com.