***Please note: we are no longer seeking interns for Winter/Spring 2021, but if you are interested in a summer internship, please follow the instructions at the end of this listing. We will keep your application materials on file for when we start our next search!***
The Justice Arts Coalition (JAC) is seeking remote Interns to assist in all areas of operations, including website maintenance and development, email, social media, and fundraising, as well as in organizing, advertising, and facilitating events.
These are unpaid internships requiring a commitment of approximately 20 hours/week and a relatively flexible schedule to accommodate evening meetings and events.
The ideal candidates will have a deep commitment to JAC’s mission, vision, and values, and should be organized, with strong attention to detail, possess excellent computer skills (including competency using WordPress, Zoom, Google Drive, ActionNetwork, and all social media platforms) and be able to work independently and complete projects quickly without sacrificing quality and accuracy.
We have a number of positions candidates can choose from based on their interests and skills:
- Maintaining and updating the Justice Arts Coalition website
- Maintaining and beautifying our online galleries
- Messaging via the JAC social media accounts, email account, and website
- Responding to email inquiries that come through the website
- Developing monthly e-newsletters and blog posts
- Responding to letters from artists in prison to provide them with information about JAC
- Providing guidance to the volunteers who assist us in corresponding with artists in prison
- Assisting with exhibitions and planning/facilitating ArtLinks events
- Managing JAC’s pARTner project
- Supporting partner organizations’ art initiatives
- Assisting in the production of a print newsletter to send to incarcerated artists in JAC’s network
- Assisting with online fundraising campaigns and grant writing
- Supporting the efforts of the Board of Directors Fundraising Committee
- Integral support in planning all aspects of planning, promoting, and managing JAC’s online national conference (to be held in the Spring of 2021)
- Planning, promoting, and hosting online workshops and events
- Participating in and assisting with the planning and facilitation of weekly network gatherings and task force meetings
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected group. Individuals who have been directly impacted by the carceral system are encouraged to apply.
To apply for an internship with JAC, please send your resume, a cover letter clearly describing your skills as they relate to your preferred role, and the reasons for your interest in this position, and two professional or academic references to email@example.com. Please note the position that most interests you in the subject line of your email.