JAC Events Internships
The Justice Arts Coalition (JAC) is seeking remote Interns to assist in all areas of online event planning, including workshops, fundraising events, and a national convening. Along with planning and event execution, interns will provide support with database maintenance, correspond with speakers and other stakeholders, create and distribute promotional materials, and help with other projects as needed.
The ideal candidates will have a deep commitment to JAC’s mission, vision, and values, and should be organized, with strong attention to detail, possess excellent computer skills (including competency using Microsoft Word, Excel, Google Drive, Zoom, and social media platforms) and be able to work independently and complete projects quickly without sacrificing quality and accuracy.
Responsibilities will include:
- Attend convening planning meetings and record minutes.
- Correspondence with JAC convening planning committee, presenters, and potential vendors.
- Maintain database of logistical details, and files in Google Drive.
- Conduct online research and prepare reports for internal use.
- Assist with social media and promotion related to the conference.
- Assist with registrations.
- Support JAC leadership and planning committee with projects as needed.
- Plan, promote, and host online workshops leading up to and after the conference
- Participate in and assist with the planning and facilitation of weekly network gatherings and task force meetings
This is a full time (40 hours/week) internship with a $2000 stipend. It requires a relatively flexible schedule to accommodate evening meetings and weekend events. We are looking for someone to start at by the beginning of May, 2021 and commit through August.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected group. Individuals who have been directly impacted by the carceral system are encouraged to apply.
If interested, please send your resume, a cover letter clearly describing your skills as they relate to the duties listed above and the reasons for your interest in this position, and two professional or academic references to email@example.com.